Inland Marine

Business Insurance > Inland Marine

From site to site

In the 1800s, as ships sailed from Europe to North America, ship owners would purchase insurance to cover their cargo in case of damage or sinking of the ship. This was called ocean marine coverage. When they arrived in North America and the cargo began travelling inland, the industry created a new coverage called Inland Marine. The name has not changed. Inland Marine coverage protects property, cargo, and equipment that goes from site to site. For example, a contractor that takes tools or equipment to a job site might need this coverage.

Request a quote today

Business personal property covers things that never leave your premises, but if you take things with you, you will need Inland Marine coverage. We’ll help you find the insurance coverage to fit your needs. Request a quote

  • Ken C., customer since 2012

    We've known Jeff for many years and have sought his advice when we needed it. He has always been there for us.

    Ken C., customer since 2012

    Ken C., customer since 2012